For appointments & further information please call (07) 3833 6701
Brisbane Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy is an Open Access endoscopy service operating from all Montserrat Day Hospitals including Albert Street (Consulting only), Gaythorne, Indooroopilly, Ipswich & North Lakes. .
Procedures are available Monday-Friday and Saturday mornings at Indooroopilly as per the following schedule.
Dr Cliona Maguire
Service rotates between doctors
Dr Derwin Williams
Dr Mark Norrie*
Dr Sam Islam
Dr Rebecca Ryan
Dr Terrence Tan
Dr Antony Pan
Dr Daniel Mehanna
Dr Naeem Khan
IN – Indooroopilly, GA – Gaythorne, CBD – Albert St (consulting only), NL – North Lakes, IPS – Ipswich
* Dr Norrie also performs remote services at Longreach and Emerald. Please contact our office on 07 3833 6701 should you wish to see him as part of this program.
Benefits of Day Surgery / Endoscopy:
- Reduced Waiting Lists
- Free Parking at all of our Clinics.
- Minimal disruption to patient’s home life – you can return to work on the following day
- Pre-admission clinic ensures patients are well informed prior to their colonoscopy. You will receive required preparation information and discuss the specific financial obligations and provide consent for the procedure
- Planned admission, confirmed and paid 2 days prior to the procedure so we can focus on your medical care
- Estimated and planned time of discharge – generally 2.5hr in total at the facility
- Same day endoscopy report provided to patients, (DVD recording also available on request)
- Private interview area for doctors to discuss procedure findings with their patients
- Sedation anaesthetic ensures quick recovery time as opposed to general anaesthetic
- No overnight stay bed charge or requirement to bring overnight items
- Automatic equipment ensures disinfection and sterilisation of endoscopes and instruments
- Video endoscopic equipment offers accurate clinical findings
- Known costs. Out of pocket expense may occur if a the patient is self insured or holds an excess with their Private Health Insurance Fund. In addition Montserrat Day Hospitals may charge a co-payment for some health fund members. Please ask our call centre regarding these amounts.
- Montserrat Day Hospitals has agreements with most major health funds